Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Nalgene Saved My Life

Today I came home from my morning job to eat lunch and then go to my afternoon job. I left the apartment, locked the door, and walked a few steps before I realized I forgot my Nalgene bottle. I quickly turned, grabbed it from behind the door, and locked up again. I started towards the stairs when I heard this loud crashing sound. I stopped dead in my tracks. When I looked out the window by the outside door I realized that the massive 3 foot icicles that were hanging off the side of the building over the sidewalk had let loose and crashed onto the concrete. Before I could move the thought crossed my mind that, had I not gone back for my water, I would have been standing underneath that mass of ice when it fell. As I walked down the stairs, out the door, and cautiously stepped over the one foot chunks of ice I knew that once again my favorite saying was true:

"Everything happens for a reason"

     ...even in small scale.

No comments: